When I designed my Peony flower die set I wanted to be able to do more than just make a peony. So far I’ve made blossoms, buds and frilly flowers as well as quick and easy roses but hadn’t mastered a “real” looking rose. I'm rather pleased with my first attempt - and wouldn't have had the confidence to do this without having done Ewa Constancja's workshop.
Sooo, I had a play yesterday and made this little set using just the middle and largest sized dies from the set. I hand cut the calyx from a small square of 0.6mm olive foamiran and made the roses from white silk foamiran which I coloured with Mungyo Artists Soft Pastels. These were perfect because I scribbled two of the teal shades onto a piece of card and blended the colour on there to get the exact shade I wanted to match my papers (cuz I’m anal like that lol). I used a damp wet wipe to apply the colour.
Apologies for the photo, I just snapped it with my phone.